Friday, November 21, 2008

Beautiful when it's real

"I cringe when I think of the bondage that comes from my own self-obsession. I can get bent out of shape dwelling on what I think is imperfect. I think I’ll be happy if I’m gorgeous, because when somebody tells me I’m pretty, I’ll feel loved.
But that isn’t love at all. When I think and worry about only myself, all I have is this fake kind of warmth that doesn’t hold me when my heart is breaking, that leaves me staring at the ground when I walk, that leaves me in tears in the dressing room if I go up a jean size.
God created His girls to walk in freedom, joy and hope. Instead, we walk around like zombies looking for one quick thing to fill us up, when Jesus is standing in front of us, arms wide open, tears falling down His face, longing to give us a wholeness we can’t even imagine. He promises: “The truth will set you free” (John 8:32), “Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm 37:4). What’s the way to stop comparing ourselves to other girls and stop constantly batting insecurity? By knowing what He says about us, and believing Him!" by Natalie Lloyd from Briomag

0 comments: